If you’re starting a new business, it’s pretty much a given that communications is an integral part of success for your company. If you’ve got a business smart phone that you can use, of course you want to maximize all its capabilities. Aside from looking good and being connected, having the right tools can make you feel like you have your very own personal assistant to work with.
It can be a bit overwhelming when you take a minute and realize how quickly technology has progressed in the recent years. You are able to do so much in a gadget that fits in the palm of your hands.
Apps for business
Everyone must have heard the smart phone wars between the different companies that have escalated to a feverous pitch. Regardless of your mobile brand, here are some of the most basic apps you would need to install on your business phone.
- Office documents : Being able to work with the different office tools like presentation templates, documents and spreadsheets allows you to increase your productivity and handle office tasks even when you’re travelling. Imagine being able to take down notes and not having to bring a heavy laptop. You can do all your business documents write at the palm of your hand. Depending on your operating system on the phone, these can be Polaris for android based users and documents to go for iOS phones, to name some examples.
- Online storage : There are a number of online storage apps, one of the most recognized ones being “dropbox” that allows you to utilize an online facility to store your data. You can also share folders with other dropbox users to enable quick and easy file transfers. It can be an accessible database that you can share with your co-workers and colleagues and can be accessible on their computers and mobile devices as well.
- RingCentral : Smartphones with internet access are actually able to make and receive calls for your company through a smartphone. One in particular is the RingCentral app comes that allows you to make incredibly cheap phone calls through a simple phone app.
- Reminders and To Do : If you have a lot to do and keep in mind, it would be pretty useful to have a task master that can remind you of things that you would need to accomplish including details and deadlines that will be like having your own assistant anywhere and anytime.
- PDF reader : Get a reader that would enable to you download, access and store PDF files for those important documents you cannot leave the office of home without. You can store your contracts, agreements and the like on your phone so you can have them as reference whenever you need them. Adobe has a downloadable app, that is familiar to most people.